Thursday, December 3, 2009

No more happy holidays

I would like to start this post by saying merry Christmas. I am fed up with the Christmas season being called the "holiday season". The whole reason that there is a "holiday season" is because of christmas. I celebrate christmas so why am I not allowed to say merry Christmas?I remember when the "winter break" used to be the Christmas break and when there used to be Christmas lights and Christmas sales and a general Christmas season. Somehow someone got an idiot idea and changed it because there are other religious holidays around the same time as christmas. So everything changed. Christmas lights became "holiday lights" and Christmas trees became "holiday trees" and we now have holiday decorations. Let me tell you something. I don't give a F**k that other holidays are around Christmas. Because I celebrate Christmas it is the Christmas season to me and always will be. If you want to celebrate another holiday then happy Hanukkah or eid or Ramadan. I don't care. If you wish me happy Ramadan I will say the same back. But if you insist on keeping "happy holidays" then I expect Jewish people to light their "holiday candelabra" and spin their "holiday top". I don't think that only Christmas should suffer the name changes. I'll tell you on thing. I will soon be putting up my Christmas lights and decorating my Christmas tree so I can have a good Christmas season. I will also be wishing you merry christmas and if anyone says "happy holidays" to me I will ask you to make up your mind about which holiday you are celebrating.


I will even accept "happy festivus".

No comments:

Post a Comment