So I'm sitting here watching Barack Obama give a speech at west point military academy and only one thing he has said so far has really made me think. He was talking about "American blood that has been spilled all over the world" and how "it is not about different religion" that is causing conflict. Now is it just me or is that exactly what it is about. One of the things that I have noticed the war in Afghanistan is about is sharia law (sorry about the spelling if it's wrong) and how women don't have rights because of it. Sharia law is aparently something to do with following the Quran (sorry, spelling) which is the Muslim holy book. Now fighting against this means that the USA's troops are fighting in another country because of a different religion. Hmm... Explain that one Mr. President.
While I'm ranting I might as well give my position about the war in Afghanistan. I think that it is a lost cause. I think that the Canadian government should stop wasting money and Canadian lives and reassess the situation or get the hell out of there. So far re government has spent BILLIONS of dollars on this war. And what do they have to show for it. Dead soldiers and a rise in violence. I read an article that said that violence was going down is certain areas but then it's going up in other areas. What does that mean. Violence hasn't gone down. It's just moved around the country. Basically nothing has been done.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment