Monday, November 30, 2009

There's Something in the Money

I was reading recently about a plane crash in the U.S. and started thinking about how common they are in the U.S. I did a bit of research (i know i can't believe it either) and i learned something kind of shocking. In the U.S. the basic salary for an airline pilot ranges between $20k-$25k. this is after paying $100k to be trained as a proper airline pilot. this is ridiculous. I can see now why pilots are constantly falling asleep at the controls and accidents are happening. Reading this got me thinking in a bigger perspective about the U.S. and money. I know lots of people have been thinknig about money in the U.S. and rightfully so. i mean the american economy is bassicly going down the toilet very, very fast. but i looked into this a bit more. i also found out that teachers in america are getting paid very little. something in the range of the high $30k to low $40k. Teachers!! the people that parents trust to look after and educate their kids while they are growing up and developing. on canadian airlines and in canadaian schools there seems to be more incentive to work better. this must be because many of the areas in the U.S. that recieve low pay are getting at least fair pay in Canada. this got me thinking more. when was the last time that you heard of a Canadian CEO taking a huge multi-million dollar bonus when his company was bankrupt. I've never heard anything like that. To the american people money is an infection. CEO's taking money they don't have. Big corporate bosses slowly siphoning off money until pilots only get paid $20k instead of $50k or maybe even $100k. the U.S. is falling apart slowly because of money. it doesn't seem to be happening as much in canada. i'm not saying that it's not happening somewhere. it's just not as bad. Canadians don't seem to have that craving for money as much as the U.S. I mean look at how much of it the government takes from us. it seems they are the only ones who have that hunger for money round here.

No comments:

Post a Comment